Whereas a Hierarchy Profile Field builds a set of connections between arbitrary, pre-defined values. Values which can then be assigned to an arbitrary number of users.
- Are set in each user's profile.
- Only a single User-to-User profile field can exist on your site.
- Are typically used to create a chain of X-reports-to-Y relationships.
Examples: Elanor Reports to Sam. Sam Reports to Frodo, Frodo reports to Gandalf. Meanwhile, Legolas & Gimli also report to Gandalf:
- Elanor → Sam → Frodo → Gandalf.
- Legolas → Gandalf.
- Gimli → Gandalf.
- Definable only by manually uploading a .csv file.
- Any number of Hierarchy Fields can be created.
- Can be used for a wide variety of functions, such as nested locations, management level, etc.
- Yellowstone County
- Gallatin County
- San Diego County
- Orange County