Reports can be scheduled to be delivered by either email, sent to an sFTP server under your control, or both.
Note: The sFTP functionality must be enabled by Technical Support before you can begin. You will need to Submit a Ticket to us if you are interested in utilizing this functionality.
Only Super Admins can schedule reports to be sent to an sFTP server (in addition to emailed reports).
To schedule a report, open a custom or saved report, scroll down to the ‘Schedule Report’ section. Specify the date and time, and select one or more of the following check boxes:
*Note* Send To (Emails Only) check box is going away late 2023.
Admins can use the Rules Engine to configure recipients of Scheduled Custom Reports when they check the Send to users with access to report checkbox.
When checked, Admins will be given a preview statement of the default rules for that report which also shows the number of users that have access to the specific Custom Report.
- In order to receive an emailed Custom Report, users will need to have a profile in the LMS with a valid email, as well as have access to the Custom Report via a role.
- Access to the Custom Report can be granted via the Admin Tool -> Users -> Roles -> Role Abilities -> Reports.
If there is a desire to refine the list of recipients, Admins can click the Edit button to bring up the Rules Engine and can add more rules to narrow down the list.
Send To Myself
The next option for receiving scheduled Custom Reports is the ability for the Admin to send it to themselves.
To support clients that are sending scheduled Custom Reports to ‘non-user’ emails, like store emails or department emails, Super Admins can whitelist these emails in the LMS and select them for report distribution.
Please see this article for more details.
Reports via sFTP
Custom reports can be scheduled to be sent to an SFTP by Super Admins. Partial Admins will not see the Send to an sFTP checkbox.
How to set up SFTP
- sFTP Setup
- sFTP profile creation is in System
- Up to 5 sFTP profiles can be created
- Testing the sFTP Connection
- sFTP connection success notification
- Click “Save” to save credentials and close the notification
- sFTP connection failure notification
- Click “Okay” to close the notification and edit credentials
- Activate the sFTP profile