Admin Tool → Modules → Enrollment
You may also be looking for:
- The Schedule Enrollment Deep Dive.
- Schedule Enrollment Reporting Enhancements
- Schedule Enrollment Notification Enhancements
Schedule Enrollment [sic] fundamentally changes the way that Enrollments work. An Enrollment is the system that allows you to require a set of users to complete specified content in a defined time frame.
Prior to this point, an Enrollment was one-and-done. You might have, for example, an Enrollment that would kick off when a user was created, that contained the first month's worth of content a new user should consume. Or perhaps leading up to an event, such as Black Friday, you might have an Enrollment that trained your employees on everything they would need to know to handle the expected coming madness. But in every case, once an enrollment was complete, that was the end of that.
With Schedule Enrollment, all of that changes.
With A.R.E. you can create an enrollment that must be completed on a regular basis. This will be incredibly useful for you if you have any kind of training or certifications that have to be completed on a repeating schedule. Do your employees need to retake a CPR class every year? Perhaps some of your users need to re-certify on forklift training once a quarter? Whatever your use-case, A.R.E. will help keep your users on track.
Wisetail aims to facilitate mandated compliance learning by ensuring that organizations have full control on scheduling these compliance trainings once and letting our system handle future recurring calendarization of these trainings based on your compliance schedule.
There is a new status called Closed and we no longer permit admin users to switch from Active to Inactive. An admin can only go from Active to Closed. Closed is a final/terminal state. Once Closed, an Enrollment can never be reopened.
|Be sure to activate enrollment ONLY once you are certain of all the settings. Otherwise, the only way to change enrollment settings is to Close the current enrollment and create a new one.|
User Reset/Not Reset for Enrollments
We now allow admin users to choose what happens to their users when they are enrolled into enrollments.
Reset toggle set to No means your users will maintain their previous completions for modules (if any). Their compliance and completion period will be calculated based on the settings you set for their enrollments and will retroactively consider the users previous completion with respect to the enrollment time frame settings.
Reset toggle set to Yes means your users will have their previous completions for modules (if any) cleared. Their compliance and completion period will be calculated based on the settings you set for their enrollments and will start anew for the user once they are entered as audience members to the enrollment.
Enrollment Type can be selected via a toggle. Standard refers to the existing enrollment that our customers have come to know and love. Standard enrollments function as they always have except for the following changes:
- The ability to choose whether a user is Reset or not based on the selection made via the Reset toggle.
- The ability to apply the same time frame period for Standard enrollment completion when adding multiple modules to an enrollment.
One of the major new additions is now the ability to choose from two different types of recurring enrollments that you can configure and set once for user audience members. Recurring enrollment time frame settings apply to all modules in the enrollment. There are two Recurring settings to choose from:
- Enrollment Length (cannot be longer than the Enrollment Frequency)
- Enrollment Activation (fixed) (This indicates that recurring enrollments will renew based on when the new recurring enrollment is activated and will apply the same dates for all users. This will be driven by the Enrollment Frequency that will be calculated from the activation date of the enrollment.
Module Completion (rolling) > This indicates that recurring enrollments will renew based on when the user has completed the module in the previous recurring enrollment occurrence. Each user can have a different date to complete based on their previous completion.
For the first enrollment occurrence (from activation of enrollment or addition of user in enrollment), the user will have the Enrollment Length time frame to complete the module(s).
Thereafter, from the second enrollment occurrence onward, the user will:
- Have the Completion Period where the user will be considered complete and compliant and will not see the module(s) to complete.
- Followed by the Enrollment Length time frame where the user will be considered compliant and can now see the module(s) to re-complete.
- Should the user not complete the content in an enrollment prior to the Enrollment Length elapsing, the user will be marked as Overdue and will remain Overdue until they complete the content that makes them Overdue.
Enrollment Settings can only be configured before the enrollment is activated. Once the enrollment has been activated these optons will be permanently locked.
The Activation Date is the only mandatory field that is needed for a Scheduled Enrollment. The enrollment will be activated right away if you choose the current date, and all settings will be locked. It is therefore recommended to set the Activation Date as the last configuration step when setting up an enrollment.
The Deactivation Date is an optional field for Scheduled Enrollments. If no Deactivation Date is entered, the enrollment will continue until you decide to manually deactivate the enrollment. Once dates have been set, the enrollment will automatically:
- Activate at 12:01am of the selected enrollment date (based on the system time zone setting).
- Deactivate at 11:59pm of the selected enrollment date and system time zone setting.
- Once an enrollment is active, the changes by An admin are limited to the Users Enrolled and Modules included in the Enrollment.
- When an enrollment is auto-deactivated due to the Deactivation Date being reached, the enrollment will go from Active to Closed state. Closed is a terminal state which cannot be reversed.
It's very important that Enrollments are double checked for accuracy prior to being enabled; Wisetail does not recommend making any changes to an Enrollment once Active. This is to ensure expected outcome for your Users as well as Site Admins who will be Reporting on their Completion Status'.
An admin can add or remove a module from an enrollment once the enrollment is active. This is, however, not recommended as best Practice.
Adding a module to the enrollment can cause the enrollment audience members to either maintain or clear their completion status for the module. This will depend on if the Reset Existing Module Completions On Enrollment toggle is set to No or Yes, respectively.
Additionally, Removing a module from an active enrollment can cause discrepancies in Reporting, as it relates to the Enrollments.
Removing a module will simply remove the module from the enrollment but will maintain the audience members completion status with respect to that module.
Audience of an Enrollment
An admin can continue to edit the audience of an enrollment, even after the enrollment is active. This is, however, not recommended as best Practice.
Adding or removing a user from the enrollment through the Enrolled Audience definition will cause the Enrollment to reprocess, potentially resetting completion status' (depending on the 'Reset' Setting), sending Enrollment Notifications, and creating dependencies in Reports.
Removing a user will simply remove the user from the enrollment but will maintain the users completion status with respect to that module.
If an Audience change cannot be avoided, It's preferable to plan ahead and create a User Group for that Enrollment. This is because a change to the User Group (rather than the Enrollment Audience) will provide the desired results without reprocessing the Enrollment.
Enrollment Reporting Enhancements
The majority of System Reports were updated to take into consideration the fact that any given module may now have multiple completions. However, every effort was made to keep the report data as close to what was previously present as possible.
Enrollment Notification Enhancements
Enrollment Change Notifications
- An email notification is sent to a user when an enrollment is activated and they are an audience member of the enrollment.
- An email notification is sent to a user when they are added as an audience member to an already active enrollment.
- For standard enrollments only (Non-A.R.E Enrollments), an email notification is sent to a user when the Due Date for a module has been changed.
Enrollment Reminder Notifications
- An email notification is sent to a user when an enrollment is one week away from its due date.
An email notification is sent to a user when an enrollment is one day away from its due date.
- NOTE: The one week and one day notifications are not sent if the enrollment was created such that the time remaining to complete is already less than one week or one day, respectively.
- An email notification is sent to a user when an enrollment is overdue by one day.
- An email notification is sent to a user when an enrollment is overdue by one week.